Boxing/boxing 12 rounds

Question
Hello Mr. Rose my question is in 12 round bout my brother says when the fight goes the distance that the fight ended in 12 round.I have to disagree I say it should be stated AFTER 12 rounds of boxing there is a decision . otherwise if it ended in 12 round it should be in tree minutes of the 12 round am I correct?I hope you understand my question
Thank You Hector

Answer
Hector,

Not sure I understand your question but if I am correct, you are asking if a fight can be called a 12 round fight before the final bell after the 12th round.

No it cannot. You can only say a fight goes 12 rounds when the 12th round has been completed and the bell has sounded after three minutes.

hope this helps,

Jack

Boxing

Jack Rose