Boxing/roy jones vs floyd mayweather

they say style makes fights and where weight is concerned can be an issue unless carried well without loss of speed.these 2 fighters had great imagination in the ring but if mayweather was a natural middle weight and was matched against the magician in jones i think floyd would win ..close fight but id see a win by 3 rounds may have a differnt perspective. by the way suger ray leonard would have outclassed him as he works out his opponents? val

The problem with great fighters fighting each other is by the time you get to that level your defense is so good you rarely get hit. You are also very ring savvy. All three of these guys are smart boxers. They also would have lots of respect for each other. That adds up to not much action. It would be fun for trainers and boxers but possibly boring for your average fight fan.
Nevertheless, sometimes fighters challenge each other pre-fight to "not run". And if the ref does his job, you have a fight. But this usually boils down to who has the title and who doesn't. A guy who is poor and this is his first title bout is not about to abandon his plan to win, even if it's ugly.
There would be a lot showing off in all of these fights as the egos take over. Mayweather and Ray are combination guys which creates more opportunities to score points. Jones "used" to be a combo guy until about halfway through his career. He spent some time in our gym when he was amateur preparing for the Nationals. He was a natural. Some guys are learned fighters and some are natural athletes. Jones had it all.

Jones punches harder than both Floyd and Ray. Ray is the smartest boxer of the three. Floyd's punches are most correct and sharp. It's hard to call any of those bouts.  

Jack Rose

I can answer any questions related to boxing and training. I can help anyone prepare for professional or amateur bouts. My trainer/boss of 30 years is in the Golden Gloves Hall of Fame and was either the trainer or special adviser to the former heavyweight champion of the world Big John Tate, Evander Holyfield, Roy Jones Jr., Bernard Taylor, Billy Bridges, Frankie Randall just to name a few. He was also the President of the National Golden Gloves.

I have been in the sport of boxing since 1984. I started as a boxer and advanced quickly. I was lucky enough to have some of the best sparring in the country with 3 top ten pros in my very gym. I am fortunate enough to live near one of the better boxing programs in the country. We have cultivated our facility into the largest Amateur Boxing Gym in the country. In the mid 90's I became a trainer for Golden Gloves. I train amateur and pro fighters. I have worked in many corners at USA and Golden Glove tournaments. I have worked corners in pro bouts on HBO and ESPN cards. My friend, boss and coach is the former President of Golden Gloves and I trained under his tutelage.

I am a certified Golden Gloves/USA Boxing Coach. I am also a licensed to work pro bouts in several states. I head coach of the Southern Golden Gloves National Team.

College, Pro Licenses, USA Boxing Certified, Certified Judge/Referee, Certified Fitness Trainer