Boxing/Amateur boxing

Question
Hi I'm 15 5'7-8 and 120 pounds and I'm training for my first boxing fight at the end of the year
My boxing is on Wednesday and Fridays where we do weights and cardio and stuff I wanna know how much I need to train at my age and what is a good routine cause I'm new to dieting and training programmes so anything will help....also my trainer said if I'm good enough then he will put me in the aba's which is more pressure so what should I do just focus on strength or cardio
Thanks in advance
Also I am really determined to do this....I've got a really clean schedule and I'm excited
I just want to be prepared for everything cause I have exams this year and it's really pressurising and thank you anyway

Answer
Coach Rose
Coach Rose  
Hi Harry,

At this stage of your boxing you do not need to worry about dieting. Your body is still in the growing years and you need to let it develop naturally.
On the other hand, weight lifting and cardio will help.
On two of your off days, lift weights. Focus on medium reps (at least 12-14 reps) and light to medium weights.
On three of your off days you need to run. If your not used to running, do 1 mile each of the three days. If your used to running, do 2 miles, three days a week.
It's ok if you run and lift weights on the same day but I would not do either one on the days you box. You don't need to be sore or tired when your doing your boxing training.

Focus on your boxing skills and your cardio (running). These are the two most important aspects of boxing. Listing weights is a bonus, but not a necessity. But first and foremost, don't neglect your exams. That is your future. Boxing right now is just a fun activity so be sure to prioritize your time.

Also, I am hosting a new boxing instructional series on YouTube. The channel is called "fighters domain". Just type it in the youtube search box. We will be doing a new video weekly and will cover all aspects of boxing training. Enjoy and share with your boxing friends if you like.

Good Luck,
Coach Rose  

Boxing

Jack Rose