Boxing/protector

Question
Hello,i was wondering what the regulations were about groin protectors for a pro bout. For example could you just wear a cup without full protector?

Thank you

Answer
Hi Mike,

Every state's athletic commission has it's own boxing rules. But I have never seen any complaints about wearing just a cup. It is legal in the amateurs as well.
Many new groin protectors for boxing are being made with just a cup and a little padding in front but not wrapping around which is basically the same thing as wearing the old cup under an athletic supporter.

Thanks and good luck

Boxing

Jack Rose