Boxing/masters

Question
Hello Jackson, would you know if there are different levels of masters. For instance an open class like 10 or more fights, and what about a fighter that had maybe 20 fights but hasnt fought in 18 yrs. I understand the age brackets but not the matchmaking part of it.

Thanks John

Answer
Hi John,

I don't see anything on experience level in the rules. The rules only say things about age limits/ranges and health requirements. Which is a little odd to me since you could have a guy who had 200 amateur fights fighting somebody who had 3 as long as their ages are within the limits. Even though it may have been many years ago when they competed, it's going to make a difference with that amount of fights.

Even though I don't see it in the rules, I'm going to direct you to the masters website and if you will send them an email just so we can be sure. Because this is important for your fight preparation, I want you to have it from the horse's mouth.

The website is:  http://mastersboxingdivision.com/

Thanks for the question and Good Luck in your training

Boxing

Jack Rose