Brain Tumors/astrocytoma grade 3/4

Mike wrote at 2010-10-13 19:35:09
My Roommate has survived 5 years with a grade III tumor, although he is still in a lot of pain... I think it depends on your outlook stay strong and God Bless

Jim Dawson wrote at 2011-01-15 21:35:28
My name is Jim Dawson I was diagnosed with an astrocytoma grade 4 brain tumor well in college at age 24 it reoccurred twice and all three times I had excised received radiation and chemotherapy. The third surgery left me with a hemiparesis. But since then I got married enjoy a full life and will turn 49 this year. A relationship with Jesus Christ is who I attribute it to. Work out stay as fit as you can that is you can and rely on God.

Lucky ones wrote at 2013-03-02 16:05:42
In 1990 my wife was diagnosed with a grade-3 astrocytoma and was told she had about 3 months to live. She had tthe tumor removed, had extensive chemo and radiation therapy. That was 23 years ago and she is doing fine. Her short term memory was affected and her legs are weak but overall she is doing great. So you can never know!

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have a long time experience of these tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, educated and trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: . I have no restrictions on the number of questions there. I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer.

Doctor of medicine, specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.