Brain Tumors/meningioma grade 3

Hi i am 21 and have just been diagnosed with a grade 3 meaning, i had surgery in august and the whole tumor was removed, i have just finished having radiotherapy and have my first scan in January. The doctors tell me they do not know what is going to happen I'm really confused because it is so rare and there isn't much information.Is it possible to live for a long time with something like this? Will it definitely come back or is there a percentage of the likelihood of it coming back you could give me?

This is a rare condition so our experience with it is not very big. Radiation therapy is the only available treatment to decrease the risk of a tumour return. I do not have the risk numbers of a tumour return for the UK available - there are differences between different countries. But the risk is unfortunately not small. I do strive to be honest here. But I can not be more precise.

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have a long time experience of these tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, educated and trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: . I have no restrictions on the number of questions there. I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer.

Doctor of medicine, specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.