Brain Tumors/meningioma grade 3

Question
Hi I'm 21 and have just recently been diagnosed with a grade 3 meaning, i had brain surgery in august and the whole tumor was successfully removed, I've also just finished 6 weeks of radiotherapy. I have my first scan in January and i am really nervous, there isn't much information online because this is extremely rare, i feel fine but the doctors seem really negative. I feel sick when i read that this is something that is more than likely to reoccur and in the majority of the cases be terminal, i can't find any survival stories or positivity online and feel a bit hopeless. How do i stay positive?

Answer
MY first suggesting is seek out a support group, I have found much hope and comfort and positivity, in the safety of a group of people who have been there and done it!  I think the doctors have to be a certain way and not offer too much hope I felt the same way about my doctor at the time he basically told me I was going to die, but I chose to hear the brighter side, I heard that I was getting to go home from the hospital, I also suggest that you stop reading about cancer, and  choose to LIVE, seek out positive people and fun things, get mad and fight your disease.  I hope I have been helpful, I wish you many years.

maryann

Brain Tumors

maryann carrigan