Brain Tumors/treatment for brain tumour growth

My partner who is not very forthcoming with his treatment has recently started on injections one every other day for 2 weeks.  I am not sure if this is steroid/radiotherapy or a kind of chemotherapy he is having.  Do you have any idea what this could be i keep asking him the name of it but he cannot remember.  once he has the injection he has to stay in hospital for a few hours afterwards and then is allowed home.

Chemotherapy is not unusual in the treatment of brain tumours but is usually - but not always - given in the form of tablets. Steroids are given together with radiation therapy (against brain swelling). Again usually as tablets. While I can not say that his description is incorrect I need much more information to evaluate and interpret his description. Has he had any surgery? Usually malignant brain tumours are treated with the triad: Surgery, radiation therapy & chemotherapy. Only if surgery is impossible (not a good sign) is it excluded. Benign tumours are usually treated only with surgery. There are exceptions but those are then treated with stereotactic radiation therapy and nothing else. And such treatments are usually given just once.

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have a long time experience of these tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, educated and trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: . I have no restrictions on the number of questions there. I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer.

Doctor of medicine, specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.