Brain Tumors/CT Scan Revealed Mass

Question
Hi there, I recently had a CT scan performed on my brain, last week. Nurse from my doctors office calls me today to schedule me for MRI. I ask her  the reason and she tells me that there was a mass revelaed during the ct scan. She said the mass is located behind the right frontal lobe. I know the mri is so the doctor can investigate further, but I'm anxious and scared as I don't go for mri for atleast a week for now. Any thoughts or opinions? I originally had scan performed due to infrequent but lingering headaches. I was involved in an auto collision 1 month ago, I suffered from soft tissue injuries and my doctor that I might have also suffered a concussion but I don't recall hitting my head on anything except maybe some whiplash.

Thanks for any help

Answer
The waiting to know what is going on with is the worst, we tend to be very pessimistic at times like this.  The MRI will pin point what exactly what the mass is, my CT showed a mass and with the MRI my surgeon was able to figure out what he had to do CT: malignant inoperable.  MRI: (after going to my mom's church with her and the deacons laid hands on me and prayed) a decision was made to do the surgery.  I too was a right frontal lobe. I asked my surgeon about head trauma causing tumours and was told that BTs just happened. Usually a hereditary thing.  At this time its a hurry up and wait situation, my suggestion is that if you are having a stressful time ask your doctor for something to calm your nerves.  I hope I have been helpful, and please keep me in the loop with your testing.
Maryann

Brain Tumors

maryann carrigan