Brain Tumors/glioblastoma

I had a right temporal craniotomy done to remove a grade 2 Oligodendroglia 3 years ago.  They couldn't remove all of it because it was to close to my brain stem.  Now it has made a rather nasty comeback and after a 2nd surgery they have found it is now a grade 4 Glioblastoma.  I am currently undergoing chemotherapy(temodar) and radiation.  My question is what approximately is my prognosis, I'm a healthy 30 year old woman?  Also I continue to have seizures which the seizures stopped after the 1st surgery.  These seizures come with horrible hallucinations which I know aren't real but still bad all the same, why aren't the seizures stopping?  I am trying to stay positive through all of this fun stuff but I'm only 30 and I have 2 children under 7 that I need to be here for.  Any help you can provide is appreciated.  Thank you.

Dear Amy, you have asked me a straight question and straight questions deserve straight answers even those that for many different reasons may be difficult to answer as is the case here. The kind of tumor you describe is difficult to treat. Even more difficult to treat with any kind of success. And it has unfortunately a bad prognosis regardless of treatment. Exactly how bad is impossible to say without knowing how your tumor reacts to the present treatment. Of which I know nothing. But the prognosis remains bad in any case. I'm very sorry I have nothing better to tell you!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have a long time experience of these tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, educated and trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: . I have no restrictions on the number of questions there. I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer.

Doctor of medicine, specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.