Brain Tumors/brain tumor

Can you tell what this means in words I can understand?
There is a vague area of increased FLAIR signal intensity seen in the posterior left temporal lobe, involving middle and inferior temporal gyral regions predominantly. This area measures approximately 3.5 cm AP by 2.4 cm transversely by 1,7 cm cranio-caudally. No diffusion signal abnormalities seen in this region. FLAIR signal abnormality involves both gray and white matter.

This is a question for a diagnostic radiologist with experience of MRI scanning. I am not a diagnostic radiologist, I am a medical oncologist & radiation therapist. So I do suggest that you direct this question to an expert of diagnostic radiology here.

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have a long time experience of these tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, educated and trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: . I have no restrictions on the number of questions there. I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer.

Doctor of medicine, specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.