Brain Tumors/Brain tumor

My daughter had a mini craniotomy almost 8 years ago at the age of 18. She had a full blown seizure for the first time almost 3 weeks ago. She had a MRI after the seizure. She has a white area that is showing up around her surgery cavity now that has not been there previously. The report said this was scar tissue. Can this cause a seizure and why is this scar tissue just now showing up? She currently takes lamictal for migraine prevention and was taking it when she had her seizure. Her previous surgery was for removal of an atrocytoma in her left frontal brain lobe.

To answer your question I do need to read 1. Her recent MRI brain scan report and 2. The pathology report of her astrocytoma. You can copy them here.

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have a long time experience of these tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, educated and trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: . I have no restrictions on the number of questions there. I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer.

Doctor of medicine, specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.