Brain Tumors/NHL spreading to the brain

My wife after 13 years of NHL as been told it as spread to her brain after changes to her character,brain scan and biopsy. We were told from a PET scan prior to this it had gone to her liver,spine and spleen. We are about to meet with consultants to decide the next step. she is very aware of what is happening although her movement as been affected,finds it difficult to walk and feels tied a lot of the time. Chemo treatment to the NHL (RCHOP) five sessions did not prove successful and she is now on a maintenance plan using rituximab (two sessions). Could you give my family,my wife and I some idea what sort of questions should we be asking at this meeting.

You have to ask for other schemes of chemotherapy since the old ones do not seem to work so ewell any more. And also oter treatment modalities like radiation therapy for the same reason. That is what I myself would ask in the same situation.

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have a long time experience of these tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, educated and trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: . I have no restrictions on the number of questions there. I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer.

Doctor of medicine, specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.