Brain Tumors/brain cancer that has spread from lungs

Question
my wife recently found out she has a golf ball size tumor on her upper brain stem witch has spread from her lungs.she has just started radio therphy.we are seperated so i dont get to hear wat drs are saying.but she said they could cure it from wat i understand thats not the case.i was there when she was at er the dr who is a friend was very concerned and i could tell he was tore up tellin us the news.they done ct wit and witout contrast same for mri.she does hav it dont kno the grade.she doesnt wont to talk bout nothin but positives.we hav children so i wont to see how long u think she has.by the way she is forty. plz i need to kno wat u think.thanks

Answer
No, if it has spread to there from her lungs it is a lung cancer that has spread to her central nervous system which is very bad! In this situation grade is not important. We already know it is aggressive since it has spread. Even with treatment (radiation therapy & chemotherapy) her prognosis is very bad. At present it is not curable and I estimate her remaining survival time to be at most a few months but it may be much shorter. I'm sorry I have nothing better to tell you!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.