Brain Tumors/Please, what should I think?

I'm 23. I made a big mistake and had an unnecessary head/neck ct, but I'm extremely worried and totally depressed because when I saw the results they were:
16 msv head
16 msv neck
32 msc in total
I think the doctor made a repeated check during the scan, but I also think that I definitely got more radiation than needed. My friends told me that 32 msv is a high risk for cancer. If this is true, when the cancer may appear? Please, help me with some information.

Dear Annie! ALL CT scans deliver high radiation doses to the patient! That includes ALL patients including myself (yes I have had CT scans, they were necessary in spite of the radiation they delivered and I'm not worrying about them)! Neither should you. Besides you can not add up the doses like that. Yes some radiation is added to the head from the neck area and to the neck from the head area but not all. As long as this is not repeated many times and especially not with short intervals there is NOT much to worry about! Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have a long time experience of these tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, educated and trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: . I have no restrictions on the number of questions there. I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer.

Doctor of medicine, specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.