Brain Tumors/stage 4 brain cancer

Question
My mother in law has a stage 4 brain tumor.She was diagnosed 3 weeks ago.She has opted for no treatment.She is 77.What can we expect as time passes.Right now she seems very well and better than she has been in the last 2 years.She is taking steroids,amed for her blood pressure,a pain med,and a med to keep her calm.
Thank you
Beth

Answer
 KEEP SMILING
KEEP SMILING  
Well, Beth, your mom-in-laws  choice for no treatment, first of all I commend her for choosing to spend the remainder of her time lucid and knowing you all. The steroids are a blessing, they take away the swelling and the headaches, believe me I know!  She will do well, if and when the tomour grows, her doctor may choose to increase her meds or hospitalize, everyone is different. I hope I have been helpful as far as medical effects they too differ and it is best to wait and watch.  memory loss, vision/hearing loss, speech trouble. I suggest that a journal is kept then you and your family can keep track of things and have the notes for her doctor.   Please give her a hug from me as I feel in my world she is a great fighter, and a strong person.
Maryann Carrigan

Brain Tumors

maryann carrigan