Brain Tumors/brain tumor or not

several times a day i feel like my lower lip shrink for 2 or 3 seconds then it comes back to normal i feel it like it shrink for some seconds then comes back normal
and i think it is the right side of my lower lip
can that be a brain tumor
i Remember a ct scan i got 3 years ago which came back normal
im 28 years old

ANSWER: Early brain tumour symptoms are rather vague. So most things are possible here. So to be on the safe side let a neurologist check you Good luck/bonne chance!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

ok i went to my family doctor and told him about my symptoms and that im worry about a brain tumor
causing my symptoms
sudden spasm that i feel in my lips several times a day and in each time it last 2 to 3 seconds
and in these 2 to 3 seconds it occurs 1 time only Not frequently
and sometimes in my left cheek

and he said
i dont think a brain tumor will grow in that small amount of time and start causing these
symptoms very unlikley
and he said it is just stress a brain tumor will cause more serious symptoms

i told him that i read on the internet that facial tics is a common symptom of a brain tumor
and he said
facial tics is a
Repeated, uncontrolled spasm-like muscle movements

but when you get it  it occur only once not repeated and it only last 2 to 3 seconds

so i dont think it is a facial tics ?

what do you say im in a lot of anxiety
like i said my ct scan 2 years and 7 or 8 months ago was negative
but it was due to other symptoms
im 27 years old
no history of brain tumor in my family

also i feel these days i get it less (better) but i dont khnow

Such tics - often nervous - are quite common and have most often nothing to do with brain tumours. I agree with your doctor that it is very unlikely that a brain tumour big enough to create these symptoms could have grown in your brain in such a short time (since your last CT scan, the number of such scans over such a rather long time also indicates that it is unlikely that a brain tumour causes them).

You can also reach me at:

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have a long time experience of these tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, educated and trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: . I have no restrictions on the number of questions there. I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer.

Doctor of medicine, specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.