Brain Tumors/driving after surgery

Question
Hello My sons father has been diagnosed with non hodgkins lymphoma of the brain and had emergency surgery as he had a golf ball sized tumor in his right eye socket . They preformed surgery at the end of November and was told he has 2 more tumors in the back of his brain region. He has been undergoing chemo and radiation the last 2 months and is wanting to drive again. I am terribly worried about this as he has been weak . But more concerned as his thought process is not right ...is it safe to drive after surgery ? Is there usually a time period that one shouldn't drive after surgery ?
Id really appreciate a reply as Im so worried...
Thank you for your time
Debbie

Answer
Surgery and radiation therapy can definitely influence mental processes. Chemotherapy may also do it and so may the original tumor process do too! So he should NOT drive! At least not until well after treatment. Maybe never! Impossible to tell right now.

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.