Brain Tumors/Brain Lipoma: searching for answers

Question
I was diagnosed with a "golf ball sized" brain Lipoma located between the two hemispheres and right above the brain stem (in my corpus callosum?) at 18yrs old. (I'm now 21) I have seen 4 neurologists 2 neurosurgeons and 1 headache specialist over the span of a year and a half while I was searching for answers. I have suffered from insomnia and chronic migraines my entire life. All I have been told is that my tumor is "rare", and I was put on who knows how many medications for both sleep and migraines, and none of them helped. My sleeping and migraines have both been getting a lot worse over the past 6 months but the Dr's are telling me it's "just stress" and don't even bother with a CT scan or MRI. Could my tumor be growing? Could it be changing in any way? Should having this tumor be something I should worry about or try to "forget about"?

Answer
A brain lipoma is a benign - not malignant - tumor - that very rarely grows at all. How many CT or MRI scans have you had? Was there any growth observed? If no growth has been observed in any earlier scans it is most unlikely that there is any growth now. It is also most unlikely that your insomnia and migraines are caused by your lipoma. You seem to have had these problems all your life. There is no sure connection with your lipoma and I doubt very much that there is any connection at all. Your migraine is definitely a matter for a neurologist and your insomnia probably too. So I can only suggest that you continue with a neurologist for these matters.

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.