Brain Tumors/GBM

hy,can u tell me the treatment of GBM,n tell me that h0w much time di patient have after opration of brain tumer GBM , and radiation.please

Treatment is usually surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy. Radiation therapy is started as soon as possible after surgery so there may be some variation from case to case. Radiation is given to full dose in the tumour site, usually around 6000 rad or cGy. If 1000 rad/cGy are given each week, 5 days of treatment/week with external radiation, 200 rad/cGy/ day it will take 6 weeks of treatment to reach that dose. The chemotherapy starts immediately after radiation. During radiation steroids may be necessary as medication due to brain swelling. Unfortunately the prognosis of these tumours remains bad regardless of treatment. What the treatment can do is to extend survival time. I am sorry but that is all that can be hoped for.

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have a long time experience of these tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, educated and trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: . I have no restrictions on the number of questions there. I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer.

Doctor of medicine, specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.