Brain Tumors/MRI

Hi doc. I was having left sided headaches, tingling, in face and left arm for about 4months.  IM 42 and otherwise healthy. My neurologist performed a MRI. The MRI was “normal” with the exception of the following finding –“single 3mm focus increased T2 signal subcortical white matter left parietal region, thought to be a finding of limited clinical consequent”. What does this mean exactly? Thanks!

Well, to begin with I am not a diagnostic radiologist. Nor am I a neurologist. I am a medical oncologist & radiation therapist with experience of treating brain tumors. That is a medical doctor with a specialty of treating malignant tumors with chemotherapy - and similar treatments - and radiation therapy. So I will first tell you what it does not seem to be. It does not seem to be a tumor. If it was that would be said. If it could be that too would be said. In fact if it in any way could be thought to maybe be a tumor that too would be said in the report. In fact it even says that what is seen that may not be completely normal is of little medical importance. However with the symptoms you describe and the fact that these neurological symptoms and these MRI findings should be evalued together I am of the opinion that you should discuss this with your neurologist who should be the best person to evaluate it. Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have a long time experience of these tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, educated and trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: . I have no restrictions on the number of questions there. I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer.

Doctor of medicine, specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.