Brain Tumors/right temporal lobe tumor

Question
QUESTION: good day! doc i'm floriemae from phillippines just last march i was diagnosed that i am having a right temporal lobe tumor that has a well-defined complex mass measuring 2.6 x 2.4 x 3.2 cm. and there is absent perilisional edema noted in the post gadolinium study and i'ts differential's include a dysembryoplastic neurepithelial tissue or a low-grade astrocytoma and i do also have a right ethmoid and right maxillary sinusitis. now i am so worried cause this attacks me more than 5 times a day even while i'm sleeping and when it attacks me my heart palpitates so fast then the color of my vision changes and my left part of the body feels numbness whenever i am carrying something and then this occurs anything that i am handling in my left hand drops...,,then there is also an attack that i am mental blocked there's an attack that i am hearing loud voices i'm smelling something and a can no longer understand there is also one time that i am handling a knife and then the attack is there i can't remember what i did to the knife coz after the attack i just saw my hand bleeding is all of this just a normal symptoms doc of having a tumor at the right temporal lobe? can this cause me death? i am not taking any medicines actually i decided to undergo an operation but then the 2 neuro's didn't agree they said it's critical coz my tumor was been covered by my brain what they just say is enjoy life! is there any other cure? thank you doc i'm hoping for your explanation with this for me to understand as well..,,thank you!

ANSWER: The ONLY way to KNOW exactly what kind of tumor you have is by a biopsy of the tumor. That however is a surgical procedure and since it seems your neurosurgeons seem to be uncertain if surgery is possible this too may be too risky to do! You will have to ask them. If I have understood you correctly your tumor was discovered during last March. That is around 9 months ago! Has any new CT scan or MRI scan been done since then? Is there any change? If so what kind of change? Yes your symptoms are typical of a tumor in the part of the brain where your tumor is located. Without knowing precisely what kind of tumor you have and if it has changed in any way I can not evaluate your chances. But a brain tumor is always a serious diagnosis with at least an uncertain prognosis. The size of your tumor - at least on the border or above of being too big - probably makes it impossible to use stereotactic radiation therapy instead of surgery. Besides I do not know if that treatment is available where you are. But discuss all this including that with your doctors! I do hope they can find a solution to this problem!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved!

QUESTION: yes doc my tumor was discovered last march but since then i haven't undergo a new MRI scan again,..,,before what i just only felt is the numbness of the left part of my body and the attack that i am mentally blocked is I just felt  it just one month ago..,,doc my attack is more than five times a day coz even when i'm sleeping my attack is there is there any other way for me to control my attack? or can i control this? if ever i can then how can i? coz i am not taking any medicines for this my neuro didn't gave me then doc is there any kind of food that i need to avoid having this illness? if yes there is then what kind of foods are this? thank you doc i'll just wait for your answer

ANSWER: Then I do suggest a new MRI Scan to see if there is any change. I also do suggest that you ask your doctors if stereotactic radiation therapy could be of use in your case! No there is no speciall food that can be of help in your case. With the symptoms you probably have I think medication is a necessity! Discuss that with your neurologist !

QUESTION: ok doc thank you i'll ask for it..,,then doc i may ask can this brain tumor i have can bring me into state of insanity? i mean state of being insane? coz people around think that i am coz they can no longer understand me even me doc there are times that i can no longer understand my self what i am feeling  this problem is really so heavy to carry! then doc another question is what are the possible things that could happen if this tumor will become bigger and bigger? can my life will be at risk? thank you so much doc for all of your answers i really do appreciate it..,,and for this questions again i'll just wait for your heartfelt reply...

Answer
No not insanity in a strictly medial sense. But it will affect you, probably already does. Brain tumors are most often dangerous so they can often kill. That is why I have asked you to discuss the stereotactic radiation therapy option and if a surgical biopsy is possible with your doctors! Do that soonest!

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.