Brain Tumors/Cerebral brain tumor

Dear Claes, my husbond (46 years old) went to the doctor 2 weeks ago with a severe headache, and was within a day diagnosed with a cerebral brain tumor. It is very big 5x5 cm and located so deep in the brain that we have been informed that surgery is not an option. The result of the biopsi came today and was the type glioblastoma. Location of the tumor is near the 3rd ventricle. The recommendation of the doctors in Denmark is : radiation combined with kemo therapy, prognosis of life, maybe a couple of years. I would like your opinion, if this is the best choice for my husbond ? Or do you know of better alternatives with a higher chance for recovery? Is the Gamma knife an option, which we should check out? (2 shunts were implemented when they took the biopsy Kind regards Lene

Det går bra att skriva till mig på danska! It is quite OK to write to me in Danish! Or Norwegian or Swedish!  I am sorry about what has happened to your husband! Unfortunately I can not offer any better prognosis at present regardless of treatment method. While the gamma knife may be of some use here it will not to any great extent change the prognosis. I have to agree with his doctors in general terms and I have nothing better to offer. Sorry!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have a long time experience of these tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, educated and trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: . I have no restrictions on the number of questions there. I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer.

Doctor of medicine, specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.