Brain Tumors/Brain tumour

I know you are not a doctor but would like your opinion. A co-worker was recently hospitalised for a brain tumour. That's all I know, apart from the fact she is a lifelong heavy smoker. Sorry that's all the info I have. What do you think her outcome(s) could be?

Brain tumours are a whole ballgame unto themselves,not necessarily caused by anything other than genetics. Unless of course they have metastasised from another cancer. Smoking has nothing to do with her cancer. Her outcome could be many different things the worse (well we wont go there). Depending on tumour type and location,there are many different ranges from deafness to blindness to paralysis memory loss. Or like some of us out here in the big world pretty much full recovery, other than the perks LOL short term memory loss, epilepsy, and seizure meds for life, gotta laugh or life ain't worth it sweetie!

Would love an update on your friend!

Brain Tumors

maryann carrigan

I can give hope where there is none, I am a 14 year malignant grade 3 astrosytoma survivor. First diagnosed malignant and inoperable...I am sick and tired of reading there is no hope for a grade 3 or 4 brain tumor! I am literally LIVING PROOF there is HOPE!!!!

My experience is that I went through surgery and chemotherapy and radiation. I am still here and I have a few things to say. I also had a beautiful baby girl after all was said and done. She is now a full of life 10 year old who really keeps me and her dad going!!

none at this time, just a mom and house wife, doing my job! Anyone I see with a visible scar that says to me they too have been in this situation I talk to to make sure they are doing okay and are living life to their full potential. Don't ever let anyone get you down!!! We control us and our feelings!

My educational credentials are as follows: I have been there and walked the walked, I lost hair (that wasn't supposed to grow back, but it did), I was sick with the chemotherapy, and the best thing of all was I had another baby, she is my shinning glory my gift from God and i think these are very good credentials....

Anyone I see with a C cut on their head, or other cancer victims, who need to hear my story to know that anything is possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU are all my clients!!!