Brain Tumors/Could this be a tumour and who do I see

Question
Hello Maryann,  Good on you for getting out there with your victory and experience of hope for sufferers.  I am 60 year old female who has been getting Ocular Migraines for over 30 years having them sometimes twice a day- having headaches sometimes but more often not. I had tests by doctors years ago for the Oculars and they advised me what it was and that was fine. Well much has happened over the years and need advice now as I am getting really worried and it's started again 12 months ago and seems to be coming more frequent, scaring me especially when I see fragmented colours of pink blue green and other colours, it takes approximately 30 minutes before they go leaving me with light sensitivity for days and nausea wanting to vomit which is embarrassing me so much as most times I'm alone and in a public area.  Please let me know if I have a major problem I am so worried and frightened. I'm worried I have tumour as I am petrified that this condition is not going away and seems to be coming more frequent. I am really scared to go to the doctor and be experimented on to hear something that will terrify me even more.  Please give me hope. Thank you kindly. Regards Karen

Answer
 Hi Karan,
Maryann here, and first I would like to know have you had an MRI or a Cat scan? If not you need to go to a your doctor and explain what is going on, and request one if one is not suggested. You will not be experimented on, and in my opinion it is better to deal with our health issues than not. God forbid, if it is a tumour, the longer you wait to seek help, the bigger it grows. the old saying "the sooner the better' applies here.  I will give you my personal e-mail for better contact. gramayr@hotmail.com  Feel free to e-mail me directly with concerns and question and I will do my best to answer them.  

Brain Tumors

maryann carrigan