Brain Tumors/Head pain

I am a 30 year old male.  Over my entire life I have suffered from headaches with varying regularity.  When I was younger I remember my mother taking me to the doctor to deal with them for what seemed to be every other day.  The solution at the time was allergy medicine.(I wasnt convinced that was the solution) Although they never completely stopped they did become less frequent.  Over the past few months I have been noticing an up tick in headaches again. My headaches are almost always above/behind the eye both now and when I was younger.  The only difference with these headaches are that they seem to be with me when I wake up in the morning more often then when younger.  With a little help of Aleve they will go away after a while.  I get them about once every 7-10 days and its getting annoying.  Of course I googled "morning headaches" and the first result said a brain tumor could be the cause which totally freaked me out.  I dont know notice any other symptoms other than the headache itself so I am hoping you have some ideas.

Well since you have had the same type of headaches for most of your life you should have been dead a long time ago if  they truly were caused by a brain tumor. It is far more likely that they are caused by something else. The most probable cause is some kind of migraine or something closely related to migraine. Your description of your symptoms also fits that possibility. However to be sure you should let a doctor check you, best a neurologist. Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have a long time experience of these tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, educated and trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: . I have no restrictions on the number of questions there. I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer.

Doctor of medicine, specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.