Brain Tumors/Head pain

Question

I am a 30 year old male.  Over my entire life I have suffered from headaches with varying regularity.  When I was younger I remember my mother taking me to the doctor to deal with them for what seemed to be every other day.  The solution at the time was allergy medicine.(I wasnt convinced that was the solution) Although they never completely stopped they did become less frequent.  Over the past few months I have been noticing an up tick in headaches again. My headaches are almost always above/behind the eye both now and when I was younger.  The only difference with these headaches are that they seem to be with me when I wake up in the morning more often then when younger.  With a little help of Aleve they will go away after a while.  I get them about once every 7-10 days and its getting annoying.  Of course I googled "morning headaches" and the first result said a brain tumor could be the cause which totally freaked me out.  I dont know notice any other symptoms other than the headache itself so I am hoping you have some ideas.

Thanks
Alex

Answer
Well since you have had the same type of headaches for most of your life you should have been dead a long time ago if  they truly were caused by a brain tumor. It is far more likely that they are caused by something else. The most probable cause is some kind of migraine or something closely related to migraine. Your description of your symptoms also fits that possibility. However to be sure you should let a doctor check you, best a neurologist. Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.