Brain Tumors/Contrast Head CT

Question
I had a contrast enhanced Head CT and a no contrast CT (done at different times). I'm wondering if the use of contrast medium increases scanning time and radiation dose. Because, when I had the contrast CT I was there longer that the CT that didn't have the contrast. Thank you

Answer
Not by itself but there may have been details that they wanted to have a closer look at. Longer time in the machine does mean more radiation exposure but everything is done to keep that at a minimum.

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.