Brain Tumors/nasolacrimal tumor - high grade

Question
QUESTION: I would like to find out from and independant person,what would be the best radiation for me.  I am aware of proton theraphy, cyberknife theraphy, toma theraphy or imrt?  Not sure what to go for.  I have small tumor right next to my right eye.  Dr attempted to remove it but could not get it all due to two previous dcr's for tearing.  The tumor had grown slowly over a period of time but after surgery got bigger within a short time.  Now 6 months later and two mri's later still growing slowly but still small. I am worried about my right eye as I have a blind spot in my left eye and rely a lot on my right eye next to tumor.  What theraphy should I choose? Type of cancer is  mucoepidermoid high grade. This is the primary site.  (secondary site found two and half years ago with no re occurance in rt submandibular area and removed.
Thanks Allison

ANSWER: If I happened to be you in this situation my first choice would be protons - if available and possible. My second one - if possible and available - would be the cyber knife. I think that is a clear enough response, right? Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved!

QUESTION: Thank you so much for your response! One last question. I have to go out if state for protons so really hard for me but could do it if I have to but  have cyberknife in my area. Is there such a difference between the two therapy's that I should try to go out of state for proton? i will do what I need to do but if there's not a huge difference would rather do what's available locally.
Thanks so much Allison.

Answer
I do understand the difficulty if you have to go out of state. However if it was my choice and both options were possible for me my choice would definitely be protons! You are careful with your eye! That makes it even more important! Good luck!

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.