Brain Tumors/Mass found in 12 year old daughters brain

Question
Hello, I brought my 12 year old daughter to the ER last week after she was involved in a car accident with her father. At the ER she was diagnosed with a cervical sprain after a CT scan was done. The ER Dr also informed me that they had found a mass on her pineal gland and referred her for a MRI. I spoke with her Pediatrician the next morning and he also referred her for a MRI stat. We went that evening and had a non contrast and a contrast MRI performed. The technician who performed the MRI confirmed a mass but gave us no other information. The next morning I spoke with her pediatrician after he reviewed the MRI report,he said he was faxing the CT scan images and report as well as the MR images and report to a neurosurgeon. I called the neurosurgeons office the next day (Wed. the 25 of November) but the office was closed for the Thanksgiving holiday and won't be open until Monday. I am so concerned and nervous about what this could be, do you have any ideas? Thank you so much. I also have cd's with the images if that would help.

Answer
First I want to apolgize for taking so long to get back to you!  My best opinion is wait on your Doctor, if there was anything that needed immediated attention I am sure you would have had a call, Holiday or not. If you want to speak with me my number is 1-250-499-1284. I live in Canada I understand your fear, but from the other side as I was the one who had a diagnosis and 3 young children to worry about.. I can call you if you are unable. I have a very good phone plan. Will wait to hear back from you!

Maryann Carrigan

Brain Tumors

maryann carrigan