Brain Tumors/6mm pituitary adenoma

My sister, with age of 28 years,Height 5.6 feet & weight 206 pounds,has been detected a 6 mm pituitary adenoma through Brain MRI.The diagnosis has revealed followings-

implant- no implant
patch-no patch
relevant problems-neoplasm of uncertain behavior of pituitary gland.

She was given 6 months oral medicine.

now i would like to know the danger of the mentioned pituitary adenoma in brain. Whether this is curable through medicine or a surgery is a must...

will be highly pleases if you would please let me know...

She should have treatment. There seems to be uncertainty if this is a benign or malignant (cancerous) lesion. That fact must dictate the treatment method since this question must be answered and the uncertainty cleared! If it had been known that it is a benign lesion I would have suggested stereotactic radiation therapy - can even be described as radiation surgery - with the Gamma Knife - which is available in India.That would have been simplest and easiest for her. However in view of the facts above I have to recommend ordinary surgery. That can easiest be done in her case via the back of her nose and should not present too big or too many problems. The outcome is decided by if it is benign or not. Which we at present do not know. If benign there should not be any problems! Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved!

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have a long time experience of these tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, educated and trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: . I have no restrictions on the number of questions there. I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer.

Doctor of medicine, specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.