Brain Tumors/Astrocytoma Grade 2 or 3

My husband was diagnosed with Astrocytoma grade 2 but think now it is a grade 3. He was given 2 to 6 months to live. Today, he had a focal seizure which he had in ICU 9 months back in the hospital. Does that mean the tumor is actively working and that he will succumb to a seizure?  While he was in ICU for 7 days, he was monitored for focal seizures and one cannot tell he is actually having them sometimes outwardly. Should we get him to the hospital or let him rest out his days in a nursing home. He seems to be in no pain however he knew something was not right today while having the focal seizure. I'm at a loss but know he is dying and don't know what to expect. Can you help me?
Susan Ramirez

Honestly speaking a nursing home is best for him. There is not much a hospital can do for him. Over time he will get worse and it will be very hard for you to take care of him. No he is most probably not in pain and most probably he will not be even to the end. So follow my advice! The nursing home will know what to do.

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved!

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have a long time experience of these tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, educated and trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: . I have no restrictions on the number of questions there. I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer.

Doctor of medicine, specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.