Brain Tumors/Grade IV Glioblastoma Multiforme

My husband was diagnosed in March, had surgery 2 days later and was alert for about one week.  He gradually become more ill and was scheduled for radiation but passed away in May - exactly 2 months later.  Two of the questions I was asked by doctors:  1.  Had we been at high altitudes prior to his headaches?  2. Is there any more information that this disease might be related to a virus?  Thank you for your help.

I don't see how being at high altitudes would be a cause.... when I was diagnosed I was told basically it was "luck" of the draw. Unless the tumour is a metastasis, they really cannot give a reason. Not sure about the virus part, would have to google that. My dad thought that mine may have been caused by being launched out of my buggy as a toddler and hitting my head on a rock, my Nero surgeon assured me it was not the case. But I do have a cousin with a brain tumour, BT's, like other cancers are genetic. Your husband's tumour was a pretty bad one and (I hate to say it, but be glad he and you didn't suffer for a long drawn out period of time..) In his case it is probably better that he went quick for you too...

My heart felt sorrow for you and know that in this time of terrible pain remember the good times you had with him.

Maryann Carrigan  

Brain Tumors

maryann carrigan

I can give hope where there is none, I am a 14 year malignant grade 3 astrosytoma survivor. First diagnosed malignant and inoperable...I am sick and tired of reading there is no hope for a grade 3 or 4 brain tumor! I am literally LIVING PROOF there is HOPE!!!!

My experience is that I went through surgery and chemotherapy and radiation. I am still here and I have a few things to say. I also had a beautiful baby girl after all was said and done. She is now a full of life 10 year old who really keeps me and her dad going!!

none at this time, just a mom and house wife, doing my job! Anyone I see with a visible scar that says to me they too have been in this situation I talk to to make sure they are doing okay and are living life to their full potential. Don't ever let anyone get you down!!! We control us and our feelings!

My educational credentials are as follows: I have been there and walked the walked, I lost hair (that wasn't supposed to grow back, but it did), I was sick with the chemotherapy, and the best thing of all was I had another baby, she is my shinning glory my gift from God and i think these are very good credentials....

Anyone I see with a C cut on their head, or other cancer victims, who need to hear my story to know that anything is possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU are all my clients!!!