Brain Tumors/Brain lesion

Hello.  I am a 40 year old healthy female and was told I have a T2 hyperintensity in my right temporal lobe, non specific.  I had an MRI for my neck pain and it was an incidental finding.  It hasn't grown in three years.  I don't have seizures.  Recently followed up and received an opinion from a neurosurgeon and he recommended needle core biopsy.  A couple images are attached that may help.  What is your opinion on what you think this may be based in your neuro radiology experience and and do needle biopsies spread cancer cells, if that is indeed what this is?  The only symptoms I have are occasional stabbing pains in right temporal lobe (very rare), sometimes headaches, and a strange tingling in my left cheek that only happens sporadically when I touch it to rub lotion on it mostly.   Thank you.

Dear Cindy, I am a medical oncologist & radiation therapist with experience of treating brain tumors. NOT a diagnostic neuroradiologist! So your question is outside my area of expertise here! I do suggest that your question is directed to a proper expert!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved!

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have a long time experience of these tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, educated and trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: . I have no restrictions on the number of questions there. I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer.

Doctor of medicine, specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.