Brain Tumors/return of oligodendroglioma tumor

On March 1, 2006 I had a resection of a stage 2 low-grade oligodendroglioma tumor followed by 6 months of temadar (chemo).  The tumor was located in the left frontal lobe. Now on 1/29/2016 it has been determined by results of an MRI that the tumor is returning.  The initial plan is to follow up with MRIs every three months then brain surgery.  The cognitive deficits from the first surgery were problems with organizational skills and reduced motivation.  What type of cognitive deficits can I expect from a second brain surgery?

This is a question more for a neurologist or maybe a neurosurgeon. I am a medical oncologist and radiation therapist with experience of treating brain tumors. But probably your problems will be more of the same, that is more of the same problems you had last time if your tumor now is in the same area. How much of them is impossible to say. Depends on how extensive your surgery needs to be.

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have a long time experience of these tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, educated and trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: . I have no restrictions on the number of questions there. I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer.

Doctor of medicine, specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.