Brain Tumors/Lung cancer spreading to the brain

Question
My partner cleared his lung cancer a year ago now its in his brain i need to know what to expect and please be straight forward

Answer
You have asked a straight question and that always deserves a straight answer in return so that is what I will provide even if it will not be welcome and certainly will be painful. It will kill him. It will take some weeks to a few months but the outcome is sure and unavoidable unfortunately! Radiation therapy and chemotherapy may delay and prolong the process to some extent but that is all. Depending on the location in his brain of his cancer he may suffer various neurological symptoms. Without knowing the location(s) I can not predict these symptoms. Also epileptic fits are possible. Apart from that he will become more and more confused over time and sleep more and more. He will also become more and more difficult to take care of so hospice will be necessary. When he sleeps all the time his end will be near. He will then drift into a coma and then pass away. There will be little pain if any. It is not uncommon that lung cancer spreads to the brain. Most - almost all - lung cancer cases die of the disease even when the primary treatment seems successful. The reason is that they are not found early enough with the methods available at present so the cancer spreads like here. Around 90% of all these cancers are due to smoking. About 10% not. Since so many are killed by it smoking should be avoided at all costs! I am sorry I have nothing better to tell you!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved.

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.