Brain Tumors/Spinetumor

Question
My sister has a Spinetumor , that was operated 12/2014. It was ependymoma gr 3. She had also radiationtreatment spring 2015. Tumor is located L1-L2.. Now after some months illnes, they found it grown again.
And now the doctors say, there are no way. to threat it anymore.
She has had radiation 50 years ago for lymfoma and the limit for that is full! Does  it really matter, it she anyhow is going to die
Is there any sytostatic?
She is having kortisondrug now as an onko drug
Thank you for the ansver
Ulla Eroma, Kotka, Finland
My sister has lived her whole life in Sveden, now for 7 years in Finland

Answer
Kiitos! Sorry I have forgotten most of my Finnish so I have to answer in English unless your Swedish is good enough?! Unfortunately it seems that she has received all the radiation that it is possible to give. To give more would not help her in this situation so she can not in any way benefit from an overdose of radiation, it would just cause her more problems without curing her. The radiation dose necessary to treat her tumor now would just be far too big! And chemotherapy for this kind of tumor is not a solution in this situation. Sorry, but I have to agree with her doctors. I am sorry I have nothing better to tell you!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved.

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.