Brain Tumors/Tumor

I have a tumor located on my spin I have had it for 6 years. I was told that it was just a fatty tumor. and that it was dorment till I rubed it. it was the size of a soft ball.I'm pretty small 110 pound 5'6". this dormented tumor. Grew to the size of a soft ball in less then a day. And causes back pain in my uper and lower part of my back where the tumor is located. 6 years ago I know there has been little info on the Internet in till reasently. The info I get now is making me think I wasn't diagnosed properly what is your opion

If you have had it for 6 years without any change until now it most probably is a fatty tumor (lipoma). That it has changed now does not change that evaluation. Since it has grown very rapidly and is now causing you pain there is probably a local infection/inflammation there. That may need treatment. Go to your doctor for that soonest! Good luck! I do not think it is dangerous but wait when it causes you problems?

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved.

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have a long time experience of these tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, educated and trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: . I have no restrictions on the number of questions there. I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer.

Doctor of medicine, specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.