Brain Tumors/paranoid

I am 16 and am a hypochondriac. I was sitting watching TV. I felt little tingling in my right hand, no numbness. I got up, I was sitting with my right leg crossed, and my leg felt a little numb, you know like asleep. The asleep thing went away after I walked in a few seconds. And tingling went away in a few seconds too. However since they were on the same side I felt very anxious thinking I was having a stroke. I almost had a panic attack. Now it's been about 20 minutes since, and probably will be more when you answer. How concerned should I be? Is it possible this was a TIA? Could it be I already suffered a stroke? I have been to emergency rooms many times thinking I was dying for other reasons and it's turned out to be anxiety, so I don't want doctors looking at me like I'm crazy.

In view of your age and your description of your symptoms a stroke, a TIA or a tumour must be regarded as quite unlikely, especially when your medical history is considered.. However in view of your history I must inform you that this kind of service that you use at present is not ideal for evaluating cases like yours since there is no possibility for me to check you. I must therefore - even though you probably will not like it and that it probably will turn out to be unnecessary - strongly suggest that you let a doctor check you!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved.

Brain Tumors

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have a long time experience of these tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, educated and trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: . I have no restrictions on the number of questions there. I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer.

Doctor of medicine, specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.