Brazil/Visiting Brazil US/Mexican Dual Citizen

Question
QUESTION: Hi,
According to the Brazilian Consulate's Website, US Citizens need a visa to visit Brazil, but Mexican citizens do not.
Does a US/Mexican dual citizen need a visa to fly FROM THE US to Brazil?

If a visa is not required, which passport(s) need to be shown when checking-in at the US airport?

ANSWER: If Brazil doesn't require a visa for Mexican visitors, then you should book your US-Brazil flight with your Mexican passport and then use it when you check in for the flight. In other words, you should make the whole trip as a Mexican citizen.

Lucky you! Have a great visit!

QUESTION: Ok. But then I'm confused about how to deal with the airlines and Brazil immigration.
According to the State Department, US Citizens must enter and leave the US with a US passport.
1. Doesn't that imply showing a US passport when checking in for both the outbound and return flights?
2. Would the airline give someone a hard time if he hands in both passports?

Also..
3. Are Brazilian immigration authorities OK with people with dual citizenship choosing one passport over the other? (specially when a visa is required for one country but not for the other.)
4. Do you know of people in a similar situation?

Thanks

Answer
Yes, I have a friend in exactly the same situation, and she's never had a problem.
Of course, you can hand both passports to the airline agent, but that's liable to confuse them. Bottom line: If you are a Mexican citizen, there's absolutely no reason why you can't travel as one.
From here on, it's up to you.

Brazil

Frank