Brazil/travel in Brazil?

Question
we will be in Rio (August) for a week of work but would like to take another week to see some other area(s) of Brazil.  I know the country is enormous, but where might you recommend we go to see some highlights in just a week?

Answer
Well, the correct answer, of course, is "it depends" -- on what your interests are. But given that you only have one week, that reduces the options somewhat. If it's quaint, Colonial-era towns, you can't beat nearby Paraty. If it's nightlife, restaurants, etc., then Sao Paulo is the place. For natural beauty, there's Iguassu Falls. My overall recommendation is to go to one place only, or you'll spend half your week in airports. (Paraty can be reached by car or bus within a few hours.)
Enjoy!

Brazil

Frank