Bread & Pastries/croissant dough

Hi Ralph
I have a recipe for using Fro-Cro dough.  It is a fried croissant doughnut. It calls for a package of croissant dough.  Is that the same as puff pastry? I would like to use that if possible, rather than trying to make my own croissant dough.  Thanks

Hi there:

Both Croissant dough and puff pastry are "laminated" doughs.

Croissant dough is less laminations and uses yeast.

Puff pastry is many more laminations and no yeast.

I would give it a shot...I promise...trying can't hurt. Let me know how you do!  

Bread & Pastries

Ralph Onesti

Anything to do with yeasted doughs: First off...Please do not include sensitive material and please do not set your question to "private". answers may benefit someone else with the same problem. Breads: sourdough, levain, rye, brioche, laminated doughs, French doughs, straight dough, enriched doughs, danish, etc.

I grew up in the pastry business in South Philadelphia many years ago. I trained with the best in bread baking artisan style loaves.

Bread Baker's Guild of America

Trained with the family in the family business, and award winning bread artisans