Bread & Pastries/Freezing bread pudding

Hello Ralph,

I would like to make Paul Prudhomme's recipe for bread pudding with lemon sauce and Chantilly cream.  Can I make this ahead of time and freeze it for about a week?  

Thank you.

Anne  :-)

Hi Anne:

I have never frozen bread pudding myself. However, people write me all the time telling me they freeze brioche stuffed with pastry cream.

I have stored pastry cream covered tightly with plastic in the refrigerator for at least a week with no degradation in flavor.

If you are doing this for an "event", I would make a small batch and give it a shot. I'm thinking really  hard and trying to come up with a reason it won't work.

If you have mild and sugar and possibly eggs as the base, I think you will be fine!

The ingredients should not separate.

Bread & Pastries

Ralph Onesti

Anything to do with yeasted doughs: First off...Please do not include sensitive material and please do not set your question to "private". answers may benefit someone else with the same problem. Breads: sourdough, levain, rye, brioche, laminated doughs, French doughs, straight dough, enriched doughs, danish, etc.

I grew up in the pastry business in South Philadelphia many years ago. I trained with the best in bread baking artisan style loaves.

Bread Baker's Guild of America

Trained with the family in the family business, and award winning bread artisans