Bread & Pastries/yeast dough

The last time I made nut rolls with a yeast dough they came out fine, but the next day were so dry and tasteless.  Could it be the mar garine or should I change from all purpose flour to cake flour? This is the same recipe I've used for years and all of sudden they are awful.  Any suggestions?Thanks

Hi Darlene,

Right off I would say a difference in your flour. It does change with humidity which means your wet ingredients have to change with it.

If you have been using all purpose...I would stick with that. You may need the gluten structure you won't get with cake flour.

How about sendind me your recipe.

I'm thinking you had a bad bake happens to ALL bakers!

You can put your recipe right here or send it to: adagiobakery@

We'll figure this out.

Bread & Pastries

Ralph Onesti

Anything to do with yeasted doughs: First off...Please do not include sensitive material and please do not set your question to "private". answers may benefit someone else with the same problem. Breads: sourdough, levain, rye, brioche, laminated doughs, French doughs, straight dough, enriched doughs, danish, etc.

I grew up in the pastry business in South Philadelphia many years ago. I trained with the best in bread baking artisan style loaves.

Bread Baker's Guild of America

Trained with the family in the family business, and award winning bread artisans