Bread & Pastries/yeast dough

Question
The last time I made nut rolls with a yeast dough they came out fine, but the next day were so dry and tasteless.  Could it be the mar garine or should I change from all purpose flour to cake flour? This is the same recipe I've used for years and all of sudden they are awful.  Any suggestions?Thanks

Answer
Hi Darlene,

Right off I would say a difference in your flour. It does change with humidity which means your wet ingredients have to change with it.

If you have been using all purpose...I would stick with that. You may need the gluten structure you won't get with cake flour.

How about sendind me your recipe.

I'm thinking you had a bad bake day...it happens to ALL bakers!

You can put your recipe right here or send it to: adagiobakery@ gmail.com

We'll figure this out.

Bread & Pastries

Ralph Onesti