Bread & Pastries/nut rolls

Hi Ralph! I haven't needed expert advice for awhile so here is my question.  I'm making nut rolls using a yeast recipe.  Can they be formed and frozen unbaked until ready to bake?  They are the little individual ones.  Are they to be thawed before baking or baked frozen with some extra time in the baking process?  Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi Darlene:

Short answer...yes.

Longer answer...AIR.

If you freeze them without sucking out the air, moister will form around the dough and it won't be pretty.

Do you have one of those home, vacuum sealers?

If so, start the vacuuming process but don't let it finish on it's will crush the rolls.

Instead...when the bag starts to touch the product, hit the seal button.

They should be fine.

Let me know how it have to try and taste's how I put on weight!

Happy Holidays and Happy Baking!

Bread & Pastries

Ralph Onesti

Anything to do with yeasted doughs: First off...Please do not include sensitive material and please do not set your question to "private". answers may benefit someone else with the same problem. Breads: sourdough, levain, rye, brioche, laminated doughs, French doughs, straight dough, enriched doughs, danish, etc.

I grew up in the pastry business in South Philadelphia many years ago. I trained with the best in bread baking artisan style loaves.

Bread Baker's Guild of America

Trained with the family in the family business, and award winning bread artisans