How to Breakup/Deal With Break Ups/he apologized

Question
Hi Sonya,
I'm 30 and I was dating a single father who is 38 for about a year and a half. About two months ago, he ended things with me. I was/am devastated. We ended things amicably; we rarely fought or argued. Our issues stemmed from my lack of relationship experience and his bad experience with his ex wife. In other words, we got along with each other but we each had our own demons.

In any case, my question is in trying to understand why he still contacts me. Since the break-up, we've not seen each other, but he sends me texts once or twice a week. They usually say "hope you're having a good week," or something along those lines. Other times, without me asking or prompting, he updates me on his life- road trips with his daughter, playing with a new band, etc. Just two days ago, he sent me a long text. In it he apologized for putting me through an emotional rollercoaster (he really didn't) and thanked me for being there for him even when he wasn't at his best. I'm not really sure why he continues to initiate chit chat or why he sent that apology/appreciation text. I don't want to ask him so as not scare him away. I miss him and am glad we are amicable. Thank you for any advice and insight you can give me.

Answer
Hi Priscila -

WOW you are handling this well - many women could learn from  you. If it's to be, keep doing likewise and also, begin dating again. Most men need to know what they've lost or could loose, in order to see value and to be more motivated to go after a mate.

Good Luck!

Best,

Ask Sonya

How to Breakup/Deal With Break Ups

Sonya Snyder