How to Breakup/Deal With Break Ups/Getting over someone

When I was in high school I met a boy.  We dated for a short time, but when it was time to go to college we broke up.  I still saw him over breaks, however we were never single at the same time.  Many of my best memories are with him.  We took some time off from talking to each other because we were both in relationships and it was hard to be just friends.  After graduation, I found out that he was moving to Wisconsin.  We ended up hooking up before he left, and it was the most romantic, sexy, and perfect moment of my life.  I had a job offer in Milwaukee, but I couldn't imagine picking my life up and moving so far from home to be 2 hours away from a guy that I wasn't dating.  He really wanted me to make the move to Wisconsin so we could have a relationship, but understands why I chose to move to DC instead.  I am heartbroken, and worst of all...I feel like it is all my fault.

Hi Jenni

If you want to go to Wisconsin and he still feels the same, find a job there and GO!

You only live once. Sounds like he was ready to commit to you-  if you feel the same, GO!

You chose DC, you can choose whatever you wish. I'd pick up the phone and see where you two are at, if I was you....

Best of luck,

Ask Sonya

How to Breakup/Deal With Break Ups

Sonya Snyder

All questions related to breaking up with someone in a mature, appropriate manner, based on the individual situation.

I have become something of a requested expert on the subject of how to break up with someone for the best possible outcome for both parties. I can help all ages with this advice.

BA Journalism, nearing completion of my MA, Forensic Psychology, continuing on to my Clinical Psychology PhD.