How to Breakup/Deal With Break Ups/How to let go

I guess this is were I write my problems...? Problems, that at my young age are destroying me. I usually can resist the strongest of pains and I keep my head up. From dealing with deaths, break-ups, and much more. I guess I just need some advice from you. I am not usually telling my private life to anyone, but I am just breaking up in to a millions pieces and I am done.

I am a 22 year old male from Texas. I describe myself as a quiet yet outgoing person. At such a short age, I have been through a lot. From almost getting shot, kidnapped, and a lot of other problems. All of that just made me a mentally strong person. To tell you the truth I've had many girlfriends, but it never worked for me. From my side. By choice, I am still a virgin. The day I loose my virginity is the day I am going to get married and that person is going to hold my hand and my children for the rest of my life. I am really self centered. People always come and talk to me for advice, because I am a mature person for my age. But recently, an obstacle came through my life that has taken my life into a whole dimension and made my day sad everyday I wake up. I just can not control my emotions. Its like I am breaking up. I cry myself to sleep almost everyday. I feel small. I have stumble and fall, but this time I just can not get up. It is just a person I fell in love. I know its not a typical crush, I've had many of those with the past girls. But this time is different. Every time I see her for at least 10 seconds, it brightens up my day. We hang out a lot. We talk like if nothing ever happened. My problems just seem to vanish. She is not just a person a love. She is a friend, a companion, a person that put a smile and make my problems disappear. I work a lot and have family problems. But just talking to her, is just like...... just imagine yourself the happiest place. I just don't have words to describe what I feel. I don't feel sexually attracted to her. It is different. She is perfect in my eyes. Almost every Saturday we watch a movie and her just being next to me is like my little piece of heaven. I have been through a lot lately and in my past, but she just seems to make be in a better place. I met her last year. Because of her, I got a the best of jobs, I take better of myself. I feel good!

There is one problem..... our love is illegal. I do not wish to share why. But just know is illegal. Is never going to happen. I just can seem to let go. I have tried to move to Europe, but I couldn't handle it not being with her. I only lasted a week. Is just I don't know what to do. For the past year I had tried everything. Try to hang out with other girls but no! nothing.... I know you may still be asking yourself why is it illegal. I am still not really strong to tell you. just remember is not possible. Just please give some advice. I know time is key. But just try to help......

I am just going crazy. I am giving up...
don't worry I wont do nothing stupid of taking my life, that's the cowards way out. I am breaking down. please don't tell to visit a doctor of some sort. I just need someone to talk to. I am just learning to love... She is just beautiful. not just physically, but mentally. Thank you, and I am sorry that you have to read all of this. I guess I just need someone to talk to and tell what a feel. Thanks. Have a wonderful day..

Hi Jake -

True love is a beautiful gift and nothing is illegal. Whether religious differences, or she is otherwise involved, or whatever it is, Love overcomes all.

Pray to God to open these doors to make it happen.  Understand that God is in control of ALL, and nothing is impossible with Him. So ASK, and pray and ask Him to show you His way for you.  It may be much different from what you may expect. Let God show you.

1 Corinthians 13
New King James Version (NKJV)
The Greatest Gift

13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, it profits me nothing.

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.  

How to Breakup/Deal With Break Ups

Sonya Snyder

All questions related to breaking up with someone in a mature, appropriate manner, based on the individual situation.

I have become something of a requested expert on the subject of how to break up with someone for the best possible outcome for both parties. I can help all ages with this advice.

BA Journalism, nearing completion of my MA, Forensic Psychology, continuing on to my Clinical Psychology PhD.