Breast Cancer/complex sclerosing lesion

I have had two stero-tatic procedures for microcalcifcations in the last eighteen months on my left breast.Recently I had to have a ulta-sound guided biopsy on the same breast,the findings were complex sclerosing lesion 0.2 cm focal scarring nodular fibrosis and ductal hyperplasia also more micro-calcifications are present. A surgical excision is being recommended, at this point I am more inclined to have a mascetomy and be done with it. what is your opinion? Prior to this I have had cervical hyperplasia, uterine hyperplasia and ovarian masses, all have been removed

Based on your information what you have is probably sclerosing adenosis (fibrosing adenosis). That is NOT cancer, but a surgical biopsy is probably necessary to reach the diagnosis safely. Based on that I can NOT recommend a mastectomy which I find far too drastic - though of course the choice is yours! Based on your information I also have to add that your mammographies ALWAYS SHOULD be combined with MRI breast scans before any future biopsy decision is made. Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and a specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have long experience in diagnostics and treatment of breast tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps.You can also reach me on: I have no restrictions on the number of questions there.

I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy.