Breast Cancer/Is she having higher chance of breast cancer?

Question

My mom underwent mammogram tests in 2006, 2009 and 2010. Every time it had turned out to be cyst in breast. She doesn't feel any pain.

I am little concerned due to recurrence of this cyst in all 3 reports. Is she has more chance to have breast cancer? Is she in the mandatory category of getting her breast tested, every year?

Please respond to all my queries, in detail, as am very much worried.

FYI - She has hypothyroidism and had vaginal hysterectomy performed 1.5 year ago. She in average risk category of cholestrol and slightly diabetic.

Bragadeesh

Answer
Based on what you have told me not necessarily and anyway not by much with only these findings. But the risk increases with age.

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.